A major hindrance in the productivity of any organisation is the inefficient delivery of service due to a lack of proper queue management. It may not seem like much of a problem, but the confusion and waste of time caused by improper queueing really has an impact on productivity and profits. Without a proper system of management, a crowded service area leads to chaos and disorder. This is frustrating for both the organisation as well as the people who are availing services, be it in commercial enterprises or public offices. Mismanaged queues lead to time consuming waits which are frustrating and costly for all parties involved.
However, over the years, intelligent solutions for queue management have been developed which can be applied in any kind of organisation. By employing technology smartly, these solutions help maximise efficiency and productivity. Technology is everywhere, and it is incorporated into almost every aspect of our lives. So, technology and computer science have also been engineered to help alleviate the problems of queue management.
Queue management software
Intelligent queue management solutions involve a well-designed application of IT to help organisations deliver smooth service and to ensure that customers are satisfied and their needs dealt with in a timely fashion. Be it in hospitals, banks, government offices or private organisations, technology can be tailored and applied in such a way that customer service is managed efficiently. A successful blend of software, hardware and the internet is created to provide solutions such as:
– Scheduling of appointments through the internet by customers at a time convenient for them.
– Customer request terminals (web-based) that let customers do their registration and issue/re-issue queue tickets for appointments.
– Buzzer devices that can send alerts to customers wirelessly.
– Kiosks that hold customer information, easily accessible by both the organisation as well as the customers themselves. Customers can operate the kiosks themselves to get information and direction easily and it also saves time during transactions.
– Room displays showing real-time queue numbers.
– Media display along with queue numbers so as to maximise its use.
– LED/LCD display and interface for clear communication and ease of use. These are customisable according to the requirements of the organisation or company at both ends, i.e., for the service staff as well as for customers.
These are some of the solutions that can be implemented by using electronic queue system . Complemented with the appropriate hardware, these solutions are highly effective and reduce bottlenecks and helps customer traffic flow with minimum hindrance.